Never while anything is left of me shall this camp be forgotten. It has fairly grown into me, not merely as memory pictures, but as part and parcel of mind and body alike. -John Muir

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

spring.2011

I can officially say that Spring has arrived here in "the holler"...even as I sit here staring out at a bleak, rainy, 42 degree day. Hey, it's Spring! The weather is excused from being a little iffy from day to day. I just wonder how that differs from our snowglobe winter here?? Definitely over that.

The ramps are up. The grass is growing. The birds are singing. There are daffodils everywhere here...in everyone's yard, along the road...every...where! I have never seen such a sight.



There are also baby animals everywhere! Our closest neighbors have had 6 goats, with more on the way. They also have cows ready. Our other neighbors have lambs...of which I am kicking myself for not going down to visit yet!

This is a little female kid that has been being nursed. Her momma would not take to her so they have been bottle feeding her. I have been helping when I can during the day and have to admit that I have a little soft spot for this sweetie. I call her "Puppy". If you know me...you know I'm silly like that. ;)


She likes to have her head scratched, climb onto my lap and tiptoe quickly after me in the yard. We have high-hopes that she will continue to grow strong and healthy to pull through.



We have even had a few warm nights with rain and in return lots of fog. Lick Run has been rolling right along and sounds wonderfully relaxing.


I have been hoping to hang my hammock from the pavilion soon. I think it might be taken over by M for afternoon snoozes during the weekend though.

In regards to identifying species here, I have a few to share soon after a mushroom hunt we went on last weekend. No morels yet.

Hope everyone is enjoying lovely weather like us.

xo
Stephanie

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love love love getting your blogs and updates

Meghan said...

I love goats, most are as friendly as dogs :) One of ours is named Puppy as well!