Never while anything is left of me shall this camp be forgotten. It has fairly grown into me, not merely as memory pictures, but as part and parcel of mind and body alike. -John Muir

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

excursion 12.00.10


Just up the road from us is Valley Falls State Park. I've personally only been there one time before when we were visiting here. Since it's so close, a few weeks before Christmas we had a nice winter day without snow and decided to take a little hike through the woods. There were 2 kayakers there going down some of the larger drops! Crazy...it was SO cold!


Mostly the woods we barren but we did see 2 deer that walked up very close to us. Then not too further up the trail we watched in awe as a coyote ran across the trail in front of us in complete silence. The first time I have seen one in the wild and only the 3rd M has seen...the other 2 being on our property.


We did spot a few patches of fern and moss along the Rhododendron trail. And I'm looking forward to visiting again in the spring and this time I'll make sure to remember my tripod for some shots of the falls.

xo Stephanie

No comments: